We understand from talking to student development and ministry staff at Christian colleges and universities that it’s sometimes difficult for them to find a reliable yet exciting avenue for students to take mission trips with that properly meet the needs, time requirements, and cost efficiency needed to cater to their students.
We are a 20-year old non-denominational, inter-denominational ministry, that has been working with colleges and universities such as John Brown University in Siloam Springs, AR, Southwest Baptist University in Bolivar Missouri, The King’s University in Southlake, TX and a variety of other CCCU schools to create mission trip opportunities that cater to student’s needs.
We have seen firsthand the impact that missions has on the lives of the students who go. These experiences have a positive impact on their lives in so many ways! Strengthening their faith, teaching them to appreciate and understand new cultures and helping them gain an informed perspective on world events are just a few of them.
There are several ways we can partner with colleges and universities and if any of them are useful for you, please submit the form below to schedule a phone meeting at your convenience to receive more information.
We provide a safe location and excellent ministry opportunities for groups of students to travel during winter, spring or summer breaks. Our office in Branson West, MO provides complete logistical support in preparation for the trip, ideas and resources on raising funds, scheduling of flights, making arrangements in the country of destination etc. The students will spend 7-10 days (up to 21 days) in countries like Argentina, Romania, Moldova, Republic of Georgia, Armenia, Serbia, Thailand, Ireland and more, working with the local Christian churches and outreach ministries in these areas. We can customize a mission that meets your group’s specific time and financial requirements.
We welcome individual students to our already scheduled mission trips. We normally have approximately 11 mission trips scheduled per year. Students who are interested in joining a mission but who don’t have the opportunities to do so through a group program offered by the university/college may join our teams and have the benefit of working with people of different age groups, professional and social backgrounds. https://www.rfwma.org/mission_trips/
If you are interested in providing opportunities for students for a study abroad, we are able to facilitate students in some of the countries where we work. Students will get to be involved in hands on ministry work with our partners and advance their language knowledge and the familiarity with the culture.
There is a sponsorship project that we offer to anyone ages 15-24. It is called Project Timothy. The participants are asked to submit a one-minute selfie video sharing their thoughts on the Great Commission. The winner receives a full and runners-up receive partial sponsorships to go on a mission trip with WMA. We would love to announce this as well as internship opportunities in printed or digital publications sent out to the students if possible. https://www.rfwma.org/projecttimothy/
- WMA Internship offers college students a Christian environment of a fast paced and efficient international non-profit organization that provides unique opportunities for spiritual development and professional growth.
- WMA interns will become familiar with the global issues and the impact of Christian faith in finding solutions to the issues the world faces today.
- WMA interns will be integrated into a professional environment and have varied opportunities to develop real business experience. They will receive training and hands on experience in all aspects of running an international non-profit organization as well as utilize their ministry calling.
- WMA interns benefit from mentoring relationships alongside supervisors who invest in challenging and counseling them during the entire process.
- WMA interns are encouraged to build relationships and share experiences with each other and with members of the WMA team.
- Application form can be found here: https://www.rfwma.org/get-