NOV 9-19, 2021
Help take support and relief to the refugees in the Kurdistan Autonomous Region of Northern Iraq.
Ministry opportunities include: Evangelistic outreach, women’s ministry, humanitarian aid, and medical clinic outreach.
How you can help: Send survival packs to refugee families in Northern Iraq.
- An autonomous region in the northern part of Iraq populated by the Kurdish minority group.
- The Kurdish Government was able to establish safety and peace in the region and protects the secure border between the rest of Iraq and their territory.
- The Kurdish people have been severely persecuted under Saddam Hussein’s regime which used chemical weapons against them.
- Main religions among the Iraqi Kurds are Islam and Yezidism, with Christianity growing fast.
- Since 2012 Northern Iraq has been flooded by refugees. First from Syria, and now from other parts of Iraq.
- The number of refugees and their needs became a humanitarian crisis.
- They are in need of food, clothing, medical care, and JESUS.
- Women’s rights are violated and abuse of women is prevalent.
- The WMA church in Northern Iraq is growing fast and needs help in training the new converts who have expressed interest in becoming future Christian leaders.