JULY 12-22, 2021
This is the nation where the Lord called us to reach out to the poorest of the poor, the neglected, the abandoned, the hurting. In Ethiopia God opened the door for us to reach the Ethiopian Jews who are the most desperate and persecuted segment of the population. Islam now is greater in numbers of followers than Christianity. In a nation that is historically Christian this is a very alarming trend. Ethiopia must be brought back to Jesus! One of the important tasks for our team, in addition to evangelistic services, orphanage ministry and Bible distribution, will be fostering unity among the Ethiopian churches.
- One of the key nations on the African continent
- Rich in Biblical history
- Radical Islamic groups want to convert Ethiopia to Islam
- The country is a land of natural contrasts, with waterfalls and volcanic hot springs
- Has some of Africa’s highest mountains as well as some of the world’s lowest points below sea level.
- Has a substantial population of Ethiopian Jews
- Currently, there is still freedom to share the Gospel in Ethiopia
- Many Ethiopian people live in rural areas in extreme poverty without water sources
- A majority of villages are controlled by witches
- The Ethiopian people need to be introduced to the concept of a personal, saving relationship with Christ