February 16-26, 2021
About the Trip:
Do you realize that one of the most visually significant miracles outside the Bible has taken place in Cairo, Egypt?
On one of our missions in Cairo the local pastors took our team to a little known place with an incredible history. To get there we had to walk through “garbage city”, where the city dumps it’s trash and the garbage collectors live. This village is at the foot of a mountain called Mount Mokkatam. This Mountain was lifted from its foundation in the 900s A.D. through the prayers of local Christians when the Muslim Caliph ordered them to prove the legitimacy of their faith or die.
There is a line at the base of the Mountain to support the account of the miracle, as it can not be explained by any historic geological event.
Along with the pyramids and other relics of ancient history readily visible in Cairo, there is the powerful prophecy of Isaiah 19 over Egypt that promises a blessing over this ancient land and declares it belonging to God
The current situation in Egypt from the political and the economic perspective does not seem to confirm that the fulfillment of this prophecy is near, yet in the spiritual realm there is a great change happening in this nation!
Egypt today, like never before, is in need of the light of Christ!
Egyptian Christians need our encouragement – they have suffered tremendously in the recent years from the revolutions and political takeovers. The churches were burned and people lost lives because of their faith in Christ. Yet, many Christians declare their faith boldly before the world by obtaining a tattoo of the cross on their wrist as the public declaration of their loyalty to Christ even in the face of persecution.
You have an incredible opportunity to share Jesus with the Egyptian people by sharing your testimony or teaching in evangelistic services that will be held at the local churches; inspire and encourage young people to follow Christ as they choose their path in life – a lot of young people in Egypt are attracted to a secular lifestyle, yet struggle to find hope and meaning in life. If you have a heart for broken and hurting people, the outreach to women is a very important and needed ministry in Islamic countries.
Medical professionals and non-medical volunteers in the free clinic held at the local churches will have an opportunity to minister to the bodies and souls of those who can’t afford medical care.
Finally, you will have an opportunity to bring joy to the orphaned kids through games, stories and gifts – there is hardly a more significant impact that can be made in these young hearts.
The team will be interceding for the restoration of Egypt from the spiritual oppression, strife and wars and for its spiritual destiny as the children of the true God. We need prayer warriors and intercessors on the team who will devote themselves to this extremely important part of the mission.
You will spend our last day touring Cairo’s Museum of Ancient History, the Pyramids of Giza, Mount Mokkatam, the banks of the Nile river as well as have some time for souvenir shopping.
Please let us know if God is calling you on this mission as we have a limited number of spots on this team.
We are praying that the Lord’s hand selects individuals to fulfill this historic mission!
- Egypt is a transcontinental country spanning the Northeast corner of Africa and Southwest corner of Asia, via a land bridge formed by the Sinai Peninsula.
- Population of Egypt is 82 million people.
- Most people who live in Egypt are Muslim.
- There are also many Christians in Egypt, making up perhaps around 10 percent of the population.
- The Nile is Egypt’s main river and the longest river on Earth. The Nile and the desert define Egypt’s geography.
- In recent years Egyptian people have suffered much through the political and economic turmoil.
- Egyptian churches have experienced persecution during the revolution in 2011.
- Many people in Egypt are open to the Gospel message.
Other Ways To Help
Help Send a Missionary
Send Bibles to Egypt
Support the Egypt
To join WMA team for the first time you need to:
- Fill out and send us by mail or email the following application form
- Submit a brief letter of recommendations from your pastor or spiritual mentor (by mail or email). The letter should include his/her contact information